Calling all Wisco Reefers

XFeathersx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I'm a 8 month old reefer after doing freshwater for 8 years and I'm loving every aspect of it. I'm an electrical engineer designing solar farms across the country and with the pandemic I can work from home and stare at my tank every 15 minutes lol. Started culturing phytoplankton for my 32g Biocube and things are going great. I did a lot of research via BRStv and Tidal Gardens' youtube channels. In the basement I've got a 50g quarantine tank I garbaged picked that's just growing macroalgae now so might do something with that if we have to quarantine another 6 months lol. Once my corals take off I'd definitely be open to trades and such. I'm unfortunately partial to blastomussa coral :)

Definitelyyy foresee an upgrade in the next year or so! But yeah, looking forward to connecting with locals.

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I'm a 8 month old reefer after doing freshwater for 8 years and I'm loving every aspect of it. I'm an electrical engineer designing solar farms across the country and with the pandemic I can work from home and stare at my tank every 15 minutes lol. Started culturing phytoplankton for my 32g Biocube and things are going great. I did a lot of research via BRStv and Tidal Gardens' youtube channels. In the basement I've got a 50g quarantine tank I garbaged picked that's just growing macroalgae now so might do something with that if we have to quarantine another 6 months lol. Once my corals take off I'd definitely be open to trades and such. I'm unfortunately partial to blastomussa coral :)

Definitelyyy foresee an upgrade in the next year or so! But yeah, looking forward to connecting with locals.
Welcome to the group.

Aframereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I'm a bit south of La Crosse looking for other reefers in the area. I have a 20 year old clown fish and a thing for big clams.

20201114_133624.jpg

OP
OP
Weasel1960

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I'm a bit south of La Crosse looking for other reefers in the area. I have a 20 year old clown fish and a thing for big clams.

20201114_133624.jpg
Greetings. We are fairly new as you can tell. @WIReefer (Alex) started us up a few months ago but is currently in the process of selling/buying a house. I know once he gets settled he is looking at things taking off a little more. Tell us a little about yourself and your tank(s).

Aframereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings. We are fairly new as you can tell. @WIReefer (Alex) started us up a few months ago but is currently in the process of selling/buying a house. I know once he gets settled he is looking at things taking off a little more. Tell us a little about yourself and your tank(s).
I currently have a 125G tank. Been on the low down the last few years due to moves. I have a 800G tank i started to rebuild last summer but ran into issues with a few weeks ago and will most likely wait for next summer to get it going. Its a plywood tank and my primer paint is not sticking to the wood very well. Currently trying to get my aiptasia under control using berghia nudibranchs. Just taking things slow right now.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey all, my name is Zach and I live in slinger with my wife and 2 kids. I have been keeping saltwater tanks for about 16 years or so and got into reefing about 10 years ago. I am just now starting to get back into it and playing catch up with all of the advancements and vast amounts of info. Right now we run a 45g tank but plan on a 200g (160 display) next spring

OP
OP
Weasel1960

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, my name is Zach and I live in slinger with my wife and 2 kids. I have been keeping saltwater tanks for about 16 years or so and got into reefing about 10 years ago. I am just now starting to get back into it and playing catch up with all of the advancements and vast amounts of info. Right now we run a 45g tank but plan on a 200g (160 display) next spring
Hi Zach and welcome to the 608s.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give a little update on our home, our closing date is December 18th we will be officially moved out December 5th. Praying it goes smoothly! We have not found a home yet unfortunately this market is crazy! All livestock is sitting in a 100 gallon Rubbermaid container for about a month now fortunately I have not lost a single thing yet! More updates to come. Excited to share my new build with everyone and keep watching this local club grow, big things coming for #608Reefers shortly!

OP
OP
Weasel1960

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet. Can’t be too many things that can go wrong at this point. Half the battle almost done, now you can concentrate more on the other half. Glad to hear, the reef is doing fine. I would offer to help with some of it but don’t think they would do very well in card board cutouts...LOL

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give a little update on our home, our closing date is December 18th we will be officially moved out December 5th. Praying it goes smoothly! We have not found a home yet unfortunately this market is crazy! All livestock is sitting in a 100 gallon Rubbermaid container for about a month now fortunately I have not lost a single thing yet! More updates to come. Excited to share my new build with everyone and keep watching this local club grow, big things coming for #608Reefers shortly!
Fingers crossed on the house hunt. My first tank inhabitants will be going in December 2nd.

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

New member of the 608 Reefers checking in. My name is CJ and I live in the Beaver Dam area and work in IT/Support in Hartford. I'm a new reefer and have setup my first tank. A 75 gallon Marineland that I drilled and plumbed myself. I just got new LED light fixtures for it. I'm at the tail end of the 'Ugly phase' hopefully, and just introduced some softies a couple weeks ago. I plan on a mixed reef with hopefully some low light SPS in the upper portions of the reef if my new lights provide enough PAR.

Here's my fish list:
2x Oscellaris Clows (Marlin and Nemo of course)
1x FireFish Goby (Silly Gum)
1x Tomini Bristletooth Tang (Dory)
1x Orange Spotted Blenny (Crackly)
1x Azure Damselfish (Bluey)

(My 3 year old names all the fish)

Corals so far:
I got the Begineer frag pack from LiveAquaria, I have 5 frag LPS combo pack coming from WWC later this week:

1x Pom Pom Xenia
1x Kenya Tree
1x Blue Cespitularia
1x Neon PineApple Tree

Attachments

• PXL_20201201_033744207.MP.jpg
    PXL_20201201_033744207.MP.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 49

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. Got my first two fish in. Picked up a pair of clowns from a guy who breeds them locally. Now I need to track down some chaeto.

Attachments

• 20B7AEA6-8206-4CBB-8B8A-3E1C3BE5D7A5.jpeg
    20B7AEA6-8206-4CBB-8B8A-3E1C3BE5D7A5.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 07A137FC-A736-4461-A11D-82BA6AD66951.jpeg
    07A137FC-A736-4461-A11D-82BA6AD66951.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 57

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright. Got my first two fish in. Picked up a pair of clowns from a guy who breeds them locally. Now I need to track down some chaeto.
Was it that place in Madison called Alpha Aquaculture? I've checked out his facebook page and can't tell if they're a storefront or not. Seems like he just really likes breeding clowns lol

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice set of clowns! I will have some Chaeto shortly I could drop of some time!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back