Calling for a General Boycott of Best Buy

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wanted to get a new printer from the Holiday Shopping ads. Best Buy had one that met my needs to a tee. I was so excited. The advertisement said that it was available online Thanksgiving thru Black Friday. I went onto the site last night at Midnight and the site still didn't acknowledge that it was today. Finally at 2:00 local the deals came up, but most said "Coming Soon". That ticked me off but I waited a while before going to bed. I then got up at 5:00 to check and still "Coming Soon". I was exhausted so I crashed. By the time I got back up at 9:00 the printer was "Sold Out Online".
There is no excuse for this type of sales tactic. It's like they have gotten so self-important with recent years' lines around the stores for Black Friday that they feel they can play games with customers. In this economy we as potential customers should send a message taht we can certainly take our hard-earned and scarce money elsewhere. Best Buy certainly used ill methods to manipulate the public. I'm not the only one put out by this, their own forum has quite a slew of aggravated and disappointed people commenting on the same. I will personally never shop there again. Hopefully some of the rest of you will do the same.

Just my opinion.

OP
OP
MitchReef

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he's somebody in a controlling seat at Best Buy/Worst Tactics maybe he will try to do something about it. I just think it's a sad way to treat customers.

OP
OP
MitchReef

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did, but not at anywhere near the deal. I guess I'm just aggravated that they just seem to string people along as if they want you to sit up all night clicking their site. They posted different deals scheduled for different times throughout the sale for several years. It just seems MUCH more honest and respectful of the customer.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 18 13.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 83 61.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back