2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guys tell me what this one is?
1000004970.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Depends on the corals. Galaxea can have longer reaching sweepers - 3"-4" probably required plus room to grow, Favias/Favites need at least 2" plus room to grow, Across need room to branch so 2"-3" if you want to trim it back occasionally or 6"-7" if you want a good colony, Blastos need to be kept safe because they cannot defend themselves, Hammers ans frogspawn can touch each other but need 3"-4" between them and anything else plus room to grow, torches can touch torches but need 3"-4" between them and other stuff plus room to grow...

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the corals. Galaxea can have longer reaching sweepers - 3"-4" probably required plus room to grow, Favias/Favites need at least 2" plus room to grow, Across need room to branch so 2"-3" if you want to trim it back occasionally or 6"-7" if you want a good colony, Blastos need to be kept safe because they cannot defend themselves, Hammers ans frogspawn can touch each other but need 3"-4" between them and anything else plus room to grow, torches can touch torches but need 3"-4" between them and other stuff plus room to grow...
Thank you! I think my plan is for some of the corals to attach them to pieces of rock that can be really moved to other locations that way if they aren't doing well in a spot I can try to get them in a spot they like better.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
may want to start coral mid way heavy flow, work it's way up to top later as she acclimates... :)
afraid of tip burn, and bleaching.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
may want to start coral mid way heavy flow, work it's way up to top later as she acclimates... :)
afraid of tip burn, and bleaching.
Agreed. Those are strong lights. 100% intensity is a bit much.

You should go with one of the Red Sea presets they provide. One is more mixed reef, which you have.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guys tell me what this one is?
1000004970.jpg
I’m confused. You bought these online? Did they have the type and given name next to the picture? When you received them, did the bag have the name of the coral? If not, did you match the OG photo from the posting with what you received?

Or maybe the confirmation email on the purchase or shipping stated the name or had a pic?

Every vendor is different, but you should be able to match what you got with OG posting.

Sorry if these were all purchased from local reefers or LFS and they didn’t give names - I haven’t caught up on everyone’s build thread some might be speaking out of turn.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused. You bought these online? Did they have the type and given name next to the picture? When you received them, did the bag have the name of the coral? If not, did you match the OG photo from the posting with what you received?

Or maybe the confirmation email on the purchase or shipping stated the name or had a pic?

Every vendor is different, but you should be able to match what you got with OG posting.

Sorry if these were all purchased from local reefers or LFS and they didn’t give names - I haven’t caught up on everyone’s build thread some might be speaking out of turn.
I bought them on a live auction on Facebook they say the name during the auction as they show the coral then put a general name on the invoice but no picture and I forget what they are called by the time I get them.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought them on a live auction on Facebook they say the name during the auction as they show the coral then put a general name on the invoice but no picture and I forget what they are called by the time I get them.
Oh, so you see what they look like as you’re buying them. Do you take a screenshot?
You should reach out to the seller and ask for photo that goes with that invoice- even if it’s not WYSIWYG , you would at least know what you have.
Your tank is so big, you won’t remember even the basic name, let alone the given name.

It also really helps on how to care for them as many corals within the same family act differently and you can get better assistance and have longer term success when you have more information.

I was surprised on how quite a few of my corals within same family had different personalities- sort of dumb of me though- they are animals.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, so you see what they look like as you’re buying them. Do you take a screenshot?
You should reach out to the seller and ask for photo that goes with that invoice- even if it’s not WYSIWYG , you would at least know what you have.
Your tank is so big, you won’t remember even the basic name, let alone the given name.

It also really helps on how to care for them as many corals within the same family act differently and you can get better assistance and have longer term success when you have more information.

I was surprised on how quite a few of my corals within same family had different personalities- sort of dumb of me though- they are animals.
He has helped me with a few but I just don't like bothering people and that why I ask here we are like family and not just people.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back