Camera decision: D5300 or D3500?

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2017
Messages
1,899
Reaction score
4,014
Location
San Antonio, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon has deals on a two lens kit for Christmas for both the D5300 and D3500 at an identical price: $496. Both come with:
  • AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens
  • AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lens
I know the D3500 is a much newer model, but I like that the D5300 has a tilt swivel screen. Is there any reason why the D3500 would be better than the D5300 or vice versa?
 
5300.
As it’s likely to have more options and slightly better low light , resolution etc.
 
I took these with my Nikon D3500 I’m really happy with it.

BB3C68FE-010A-4E70-8FB9-C87D9BF44F29.jpeg
D247A8FA-E9D5-4D3B-9C4A-0A35D1DDA539.jpeg
976443DB-50D1-47CE-92CD-0AA43ADE1E6A.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new