Nikon 3200

  • Thread starter Thread starter dannyab84
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dannyab84

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Messages
350
Reaction score
71
Location
Delray Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guy I wanted to ask for some advice on using a Nikon 3200 to take pictures of corals. I have learned a lot using it the last few months but, still cannot get the colors of the corals I am trying to photograph. I was thinking that I might need a different lens then I have now to get a better photo. As of right now I have the standard AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm and I have also the AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR. Is there a lens that I could buy that would be able to enhance the pictures on blue LED’s and of orange colors? Are these lenses ok and maybe there is more of a trick to taking the pictures? I will list the process I do when taking the pictures too below. Thank you everyone for any help!

To take pictures I use a tripod and then turn off all power heads in my tank. Then I try different things with white balance and shutter speed. I am not very good with the shutter speed and it never comes out very good. However, when I leave the camera on the auto sense mode it seems to work better then when I mess shutter speed. And even the auto comes like junk though. Also I don’t use any flash.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new