can’t tell what this is on my sailfin tang

brandon101996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got a sailfin from my , it’s in QT and it has these weird white splotches. is it just scars? or what? i’ve asked several people and they don’t know either. plz help

Attachments

• IMG_1514.mov
    89.4 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i just got a sailfin from my , it’s in QT and it has these weird white splotches. is it just scars? or what? i’ve asked several people and they don’t know either. plz help
These are mucus cones and can be due to skin irritation or mixed in with ich. Assure your water quality is good, in particular ammonia level and that you are using reliable test kit.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly, your hepatus tang is really going after the much larger sailfin, even with you right there videoing them. I wonder if it is causing damage?

The sailfin is breathing a bit fast, does the tank have good aeration? What is the ammonia at?

OP
OP
B

brandon101996

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly, your hepatus tang is really going after the much larger sailfin, even with you right there videoing them. I wonder if it is causing damage?

The sailfin is breathing a bit fast, does the tank have good aeration? What is the ammonia at?
how to reduce ammonia in qt tank

theres an air stone in the tank and the ammonia alert is showing in safe zone. i’ve been doing a 25% water change everyday and just in case have them in hypo salinity. i figured out it is ich. there’s a decent bit of white spots. i just hope i got them out of the DT in time without it spreading. none of the other fish show signs of it

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how to reduce ammonia in qt tank

theres an air stone in the tank and the ammonia alert is showing in safe zone. i’ve been doing a 25% water change everyday and just in case have them in hypo salinity. i figured out it is ich. there’s a decent bit of white spots. i just hope i got them out of the DT in time without it spreading. none of the other fish show signs of it

Sorry - can you rephrase your question, I'm not sure what you are asking. If the ammonia alert is in the safe zone, there isn't anything to reduce.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back