Sailfin Tang Help with ID

SaltlifeHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this Sailfin tang in about 4 days ago and it had what looks like a small peice of fin missing. It’s right at the base of where his head and dorsal fin meet. He’s currently in QT with a small hippo who had Flukes and I’ve dosed General Cure. The spot on this Sailfin seems to be getting bigger. Thanks for any help!

IMG_6835.jpeg IMG_6838.png IMG_6837.png

Attachments

• IMG_6836.mov
    32.2 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this Sailfin tang in about 4 days ago and it had what looks like a small peice of fin missing. It’s right at the base of where his head and dorsal fin meet. He’s currently in QT with a small hippo who had Flukes and I’ve dosed General Cure. The spot on this Sailfin seems to be getting bigger. Thanks for any help!

IMG_6835.jpeg IMG_6838.png IMG_6837.png

Yes - that seems to be an injury, the fish must have gotten startled and ran into something.

The fish is REALLY thin. You will need to feed it meaty seafoods multiple times a day to fatten it up, but really, the LFS should have mentioned that to you.

Jay

OP
OP
SaltlifeHokie

SaltlifeHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - that seems to be an injury, the fish must have gotten startled and ran into something.

The fish is REALLY thin. You will need to feed it meaty seafoods multiple times a day to fatten it up, but really, the LFS should have mentioned that to you.

Jay
Yea I bought him online which is the price you pay I guess. He’s been eating ok but certainly hoping he picks it up. Thank you

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I bought him online which is the price you pay I guess. He’s been eating ok but certainly hoping he picks it up. Thank you
He’s really pretty, yes thin, when there’re that size, they’ll fatten up fast. Yours has more yellow than mine! Check out my Avatar, you’ll see. Mine still doesn’t have the yellow.
Debra

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back