HELP!!! White splotches on tang

rsaltzmann

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my fish in a QT. I noticed that my tang has developed some white splotches. Not sure what it is. Everyone has been doing fine and I noticed this, 3 weeks in QT.

IMG_0313.JPG

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you treating with any meds at the moment?

Any symptoms besides the white splotches, like rapid breathing or swimming into a powerhead to get oxygen?

OP
OP
R

rsaltzmann

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am treating with copper currently, He does swim fast from side to side and periodically sits under the OTB filter and sits there for 30 sec. Eats like a pig, and has fast breathing but not exhausted breathing. I did notice him rubbing against the PVC pipe.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video.

How long has it been in copper and what level?

If that starts spreading more or turns red at all, then for sure start ABX.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am treating with copper currently, He does swim fast from side to side and periodically sits under the OTB filter and sits there for 30 sec. Eats like a pig, and has fast breathing but not exhausted breathing. I did notice him rubbing against the PVC pipe.
The rapid breathing and scratching may be a sign of gill flukes. You are close to the end of your copper treatment. I would consider running two Prazipro treatments 8 days apart after that. If you can do it carefully, you could give the tang a 5 minute FW dip to knock some of the flukes off to buy some time.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back