Can 5 micron filter sock remove fish or shrimp dissolves?

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using 5 micron filter socks whilest feeding time to remove shrimp and fish liquids whenever they are crushed by my eel's, my zebra moray makes a lot of mess because he crushes and eats his shrimp which makes the whole 150 gallon tank foggy with the shrimp "liquid" so does the 5 micron sock actually remove it or does it just settle through my polyester cotton sponges?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using 5 micron filter socks whilest feeding time to remove shrimp and fish liquids whenever they are crushed by my eel's, my zebra moray makes a lot of mess because he crushes and eats his shrimp which makes the whole 150 gallon tank foggy with the shrimp "liquid" so does the 5 micron sock actually remove it or does it just settle through my polyester cotton sponges?
You can answer this one yourself by crush a shrimp in a sample aquarium water and then passing the cloudy water through a 5 micro sock and collecting the water You get appreciation for how much cloudiness is removed. Save some of the unfiltered water for the comparison.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back