Can 5 micron filter sock remove fish or shrimp dissolves?

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using 5 micron filter socks whilest feeding time to remove shrimp and fish liquids whenever they are crushed by my eel's, my zebra moray makes a lot of mess because he crushes and eats his shrimp which makes the whole 150 gallon tank foggy with the shrimp "liquid" so does the 5 micron sock actually remove it or does it just settle through my polyester cotton sponges?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using 5 micron filter socks whilest feeding time to remove shrimp and fish liquids whenever they are crushed by my eel's, my zebra moray makes a lot of mess because he crushes and eats his shrimp which makes the whole 150 gallon tank foggy with the shrimp "liquid" so does the 5 micron sock actually remove it or does it just settle through my polyester cotton sponges?
You can answer this one yourself by crush a shrimp in a sample aquarium water and then passing the cloudy water through a 5 micro sock and collecting the water You get appreciation for how much cloudiness is removed. Save some of the unfiltered water for the comparison.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 24.7%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 26.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 54 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 54 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back