Can a coral make a fish sick ?

BlackPanther

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2019
Messages
96
Reaction score
81
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,

I have a question for you, Is it possible that a fish catch a disease from a coral ?

Thanks in advance.
 
Unwanted parasites and pests can certainly come into your system from coral if you don’t properly quarantine. Is there something in particular you are asking about?
 
Unwanted parasites and pests can certainly come into your system from coral if you don’t properly quarantine. Is there something in particular you are asking about?

Thank you for the information. But actually nothing specific, I just had a very bad experience last couple of days, I’ve lost many fishes because of a (captive breed clown fishes) they catch a disease which made them look like a white cotton candy, and I am trying to identify why that happen.
its so sad!
 
Thank you for the information. But actually nothing specific, I just had a very bad experience last couple of days, I’ve lost many fishes because of a (captive breed clown fishes) they catch a disease which made them look like a white cotton candy, and I am trying to identify why that happen.
its so sad!

Sounds like velvet or brooklynella both of which can come in from corals.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new