Can a dosing line be split?

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still exploring auto dosing food. I can’t combine the reef nutrition foods into a single container. However, is it possible to have 2 containers connected at a T to a single dosing head? I dose the same amount of each of the foods I use.

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still exploring auto dosing food. I can’t combine the reef nutrition foods into a single container. However, is it possible to have 2 containers connected at a T to a single dosing head? I dose the same amount of each of the foods I use.
It would be very hard to pull the liquid accurately through a junction my guess it would favour the lighter/ thinner liquid.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. The only thing is there's no guarantee you'll always get an even amount from each container. And you'll end up with the reef nutritions mixed in the tube (not sure if that's ok).
That would be fine. They just told me that it can’t be combined in long term storage. And it doesn’t have to be an exact amount of each, just close enough

kenbennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used this personally - if you dont already have your dosing pump, you can find some available that have dual heads and would dose equally through two lines:

1638811184006.png

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used this personally - if you dont already have your dosing pump, you can find some available that have dual heads and would dose equally through two lines:

1638811184006.png

Interesting. I’ve never seen something like that before, and I haven’t bought a doser for my food yet. Would that have to be wired to a custom built controller?

kenbennedy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That example is just a DC motor, so any on/off controller (outlet timer, or something controlled by Neptune or Hydros) plus a DC power supply (or a leftover power brick with the right output) will provide power. You would have to cut the power supply plug off and solder or crimp connections to the motor terminals.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back