Can a sting ray survive this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HAAAAAAAA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HAAAAAAAA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2022
Messages
969
Reaction score
525
Location
Karnataka
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in a different city and when I arrived in the market in the morning I was surprised to see them pulling out fish from the ocean which was literally alive so I was wondering if I could get a sting ray and if it will survive a 4 hour drive in the bucket? I was surprised to see the sting ray alive even after a hour of being kept out of water alive

It seemed to be a common sting ray and some of them also had their barbs removed

Would they survive the stress? I imagined that i could save a lot of money about 90 percent the cost from a typical cost of a sting ray in the lfs
 
I am in a different city and when I arrived in the market in the morning I was surprised to see them pulling out fish from the ocean which was literally alive so I was wondering if I could get a sting ray and if it will survive a 4 hour drive in the bucket? I was surprised to see the sting ray alive even after a hour of being kept out of water alive

It seemed to be a common sting ray and some of them also had their barbs removed

Would they survive the stress? I imagined that i could save a lot of money about 90 percent the cost from a typical cost of a sting ray in the lfs
I assume you have a huge tank??
 
If you don’t have a tank big enough to swim in, it’s probably not big enough for a stingray.
I was going to buy a smaller sting ray and might keep in the 210 gal till he grows bigger that's when I was hoping to upgrade my to a 400 gallon!
 
They have a 150 gallon 5x2x2

And I don’t think that’s big enough for wild caught ocean rays

If you want a ray, stick with smaller freshwater rays
That's my second tank! I have another tank which is about 210 gal with one Tess which is about 3 feet or bigger! Sadly I don't have any freshwater tanks at the moment so freshwater sting rays are a bit far from my thoughts currently
 
I am in a different city and when I arrived in the market in the morning I was surprised to see them pulling out fish from the ocean which was literally alive so I was wondering if I could get a sting ray and if it will survive a 4 hour drive in the bucket? I was surprised to see the sting ray alive even after a hour of being kept out of water alive

It seemed to be a common sting ray and some of them also had their barbs removed

Would they survive the stress? I imagined that i could save a lot of money about 90 percent the cost from a typical cost of a sting ray in the lfs
I would not get a stingray for your tank unless you have a massive tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new