Can anyone diagnose? Disease?

truben1010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish just died yesterday due to an unknown disease. I tried everything I could. She was in a qt tank. It started off with a cloudy eye but the cloudy eye kept getting bigger, it didn’t look like popeye. Anyone know what this is? It looks like her right eye is gone.
b9bdd0783d5ff2f9cbea63b47e70d975.png
0d4e1c62e0b827107648b28c290b67b3.png
152bb331915446c433c4026a38c99f87.png

I’ve had her for 1 year and 1 month and she got this diease in my dt. She was the only one in there.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question. If you've had her for over a year, what was the reason for the qt if you believe she got the disease while in qt?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad I didn’t explain that right. She got that disease in the display tank. So I put her in the qt to treat her.
Got it lol. Was just the eye cloudy or did it look like the whole body was covered in a slime coat?

OP
OP
T

truben1010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it lol. Was just the eye cloudy or did it look like the whole body was covered in a slime coat?

It just looked like cloudy eye, but the cloudy eye would become thicker like this.
0aa3cde6c0de8e107b33198ba0a43da8.jpg

Bad quality pic but I couldn’t get a good one. Water was green from fungus cure medicine. I used this the first time and it helped get it away. The second time she got this disease it didn’t help. Other than the cloudy eyes her tail seemed kind of torn too.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just looked like cloudy eye, but the cloudy eye would become thicker like this.
0aa3cde6c0de8e107b33198ba0a43da8.jpg

Bad quality pic but I couldn’t get a good one. Water was green from fungus cure medicine. I used this
no worries. @Humblefish is great with these types of pictures and is our expert fish disease guru. He may have a better idea. To me looks like an infection of some type of the eye. Whether its fungal or bacterial I am unsure.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is humblefish? Sorry to ask:(
No problem. @Humblefish is a user on the forum here whom I consider a good friend and a very helpful member. He is an expert at fish disease diagnosis, and treatment. If he doesnt know what's wrong with your fish it likely doesnt exist ;) lol

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell for sure from the pics, but using Kanaplex + Furan-2 + Metroplex in a QT environment would probably be a good idea in this situation.

The first two medications treat bacterial/fungal diseases; Metro treats Brooklynella which is very common in clownfish.

OP
OP
T

truben1010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell for sure from the pics, but using Kanaplex + Furan-2 + Metroplex in a QT environment would probably be a good idea in this situation.

The first two medications treat bacterial/fungal diseases; Metro treats Brooklynella which is very common in clownfish.

Thank you so much, but sadly my fish passed away in the morning today which was over 12 hours ago :(. I am just wondering how how long I should wait for my display tank to be ready for fish? Or am I suppose to medicate my fish or? Any advice on that?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much, but sadly my fish passed away in the morning today which was over 12 hours ago :(. I am just wondering how how long I should wait for my display tank to be ready for fish? Or am I suppose to medicate my fish or? Any advice on that?

I would keep a close eye on all your other fish for at least a couple of weeks before adding more. To be sure this isn't a transmissible disease.

Sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
T

truben1010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep a close eye on all your other fish for at least a couple of weeks before adding more. To be sure this isn't a transmissible disease.

Sorry for your loss.

Oh okay thank you. Yeah I have been having a really bad day today. My new tail spot blenny died in quarantine today, he didn’t have any diseases and he was eating really well. I almost really want to give up. But thank you.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh okay thank you. Yeah I have been having a really bad day today. My new tail spot blenny died in quarantine today, he didn’t have any diseases and he was eating really well. I almost really want to give up. But thank you.

Trust me, I understand your frustration. The entire supply chain is "polluted" right now like I've never seen before, and that is making it more & more difficult to successfully QT.

drstardust

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me, I understand your frustration. The entire supply chain is "polluted" right now like I've never seen before, and that is making it more & more difficult to successfully QT.
Yeah, to the point that I'm highly considering prophylactically doing the "velvet protocol" of freshwater dip followed by Rally bath prior to QT for the next fish I purchase. We need Humblefish Aquatics so badly right now ;)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back