Can anyone help me identify this pump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alexr54
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alexr54

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2021
Messages
590
Reaction score
659
Location
Palm Coast
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This pump came out of a quite old Mode Aquariums skimmer. It’s a space saver skimmer with the pump internal.
Pump died. The skimmer was working great.
Hoping someone can help me identify this pump so I can order a replacement. Instead of replacing the skimmer.
There is no model number on the pump. I have no way of knowing or measuring the inlet/outlet. I am horrible at those things.

3C71535C-B917-4A32-BDC2-D7888DA8A22B.jpeg 048A1977-1B11-46EE-83A5-EB0D51635521.jpeg B17804B9-D8E3-45C6-9CE1-4C6549342F0F.jpeg 40BF1F9C-0D4C-4131-9EF9-D996A88288C1.jpeg 60578A8C-FD8B-4280-B6E0-A8488FD39FC2.jpeg 9913DC43-67E1-4BFD-B9D5-28EBB3172856.jpeg
 
Looks like a copy of an older Red Sea impeller, and Jebeo controller, or hybrid technology probably infringing patents?
Not sure you can find a matching replacement, but the Reef Octopus bubble blaster pumps might work? The are expensive but work very well and very reliable over time, ime.
 
Yea figured its some knock off. From what I searched the simplicity 1000 pump looks similar. But I just don't want to take a risk of ordering a pump that wont fit and will be useless for me otherwise.
I can just buy a new skimmer before spending so much on a reef octopus pump which may or may not fit right.

Looks like I just may need to use a new skimmer.
I already ordered a RSK300. but was hoping to just keep it as a backup since my old one worked so well.
I also have an old tunze 9410 but its missing parts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new