Can anyone help me with an ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter cspo15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cspo15

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There appears to be some red cyano looking stuff on my Goni coral. Just noticed it today when I woke up. I did have a small cyano problem but have been keeping it at bay. I assumed it was cyano but not too sure. Any help is much appreciated

IMG_1287.jpeg IMG_1285.jpeg IMG_1284.jpeg
 
Looks like it I would dust it off with a blaster so the polyps aren’t so ticked
 
This looks like a pipe organ, not a Goni. I agree that it looks like a sponge.

Pipe organs like a decent amount of flow, how’s flow in the area of the tank where located?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new