Can anyone I.D. this for me?

phiber_optikx

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this free sps frag and have no idea what it is. The mother colony was very pink and smooth. There was not a single "edge" on the mother colony.
022.jpg

023-1.jpg
 
That is Blue ridge coral. I am 99.99% sure. I have many frags of it and they all look just about like that one. If you have a magnifying glass, count the tentacles of a polyp, there should be eight.
 
Yup. Blue Ridge. I thought initially, there is no way you can tell what... Oh yeah, blue ridge coral:). It's actually a softie.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new