Please help me id my octopus please??

20201111_165240.jpg

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats super cool, where did you get it from? Its always hard to tell octopuses apart from appearance because they can change everything about themselves physically in a few seconds or less. Usually youd look at size.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clown that he is really peaceful to. He eats live shrimp and silverfish frozen
How big is the octopus? Because if it gets bigger it will most likely eat the clownfish. They are notorious fish eaters. and crustacean eaters as well.

OP
OP
HissHisss

HissHisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the octopus? Because if it gets bigger it will most likely eat the clownfish. They are notorious fish eaters. and crustacean eaters as well.
Its about a foot long from 1 tentacle to another. The clown hosts an anemone so they dont really contact each other much. I keep a supply of snails in case he gets hungry and he is really very peaceful

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its about a foot long from 1 tentacle to another. The clown hosts an anemone so they dont really contact each other much. I keep a supply of snails in case he gets hungry and he is really very peaceful
sounds cool! how long have you have it? Ive wanted to get one ever since I watched "My Octopus Teacher" on Netflix, and theyre not that expensive, i was just always afraid of it eating my clowns and mandarin

OP
OP
HissHisss

HissHisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
sounds cool! how long have you have it? Ive wanted to get one ever since I watched "My Octopus Teacher" on Netflix, and theyre not that expensive, i was just always afraid of it eating my clowns and mandarin
Its been 2 months. I had 1 angel get eaten so i dont suggest them for fish tanks. But its a really cool animal. Their short lifespan means that after they pass you can always keep fish again. In the reef community. Keeping an octopus is a fairly short term commitment

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not what you meant but I have waaaay too much time on my hands this morning! (And am bored stupid)
ID finished.png
Someone should make a series of these (and serious versions) for common hitchhikers. When someone asks what is this, boom link to the ID with a little info about it!

(Is it bad I quoted my own post???)

I got my kid's octopus at the LFS store I worked at. Came in as a hitchhiker and I think I got it for free. Lived in a 12g Eclipse for ages with live rock and got to snack on the occasional invert as well as krill and such. That little guy was cool, wish I would have taken better care of him. (The knowledge I have now with the enthusiasm back then).

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone should make a series of these (and serious versions) for common hitchhikers. When someone asks what is this, boom link to the ID with a little info about it!

(Is it bad I quoted my own post???)

I got my kid's octopus at the LFS store I worked at. Came in as a hitchhiker and I think I got it for free. Lived in a 12g Eclipse for ages with live rock and got to snack on the occasional invert as well as krill and such. That little guy was cool, wish I would have taken better care of him. (The knowledge I have now with the enthusiasm back then).
Id love to get one off of liveaquaria because I dont think my LFS would ever have them but i cant ever get to them when theyre in stock on LA

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back