Can anyone ID this coral ?

PrattysReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2022
Messages
454
Reaction score
821
Location
Melbourne
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30a721e7-9c16-4e77-a023-7f389c5206b9.jpg
e16bc9b5-8f6f-4967-b649-0d553351fdad.jpg
7fc396a0-dbc6-4d01-a81f-d2d0bccca67a.jpg
This is what was sold to me as a rainbow chalice. The first two pictures are of a smaller frag that came off then transporting it. Im thinking something along the lines of acanthastrea echinata. What do you all think ?

30a721e7-9c16-4e77-a023-7f389c5206b9.jpg e16bc9b5-8f6f-4967-b649-0d553351fdad.jpg 7fc396a0-dbc6-4d01-a81f-d2d0bccca67a.jpg
 
That looks like my lobophilia. My Acan doesn't pucker up in the center like that, unless I have them backwards.. Lol
I believe the first photo looks like that due to dieoff and regrowth
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new