Can anyone verify that this is a Flounder

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian Drab
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brian Drab

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2019
Messages
163
Reaction score
199
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The following fish got shipped with my live rock and wanted to see if you agree this is a flounder? I've actually never seen it swim until today (normally he's always buried under the sand) so took a quick video of it in case that helps to identify it.

Here's a couple screen captures I took from the video.
1594334102408.png

1594334156161.png


And here's the video if it helps with identification. Thank you!
 
Flounder are a flatfish species so my guess is a type of wrasse
 
I know it sounds perverse but if that live rock came from Florida it looks like a slippery dick wrasse.
 
Halichoeres bivittatus
That's the proper name but it's still known more commonly as what I called it. If you can get it out do so.. I had a blue head wrasse which are related and while a beautiful fish with a great personality it will eat every invert you have and then start turning on your fish. When I go snorkeling the species you have will follow me around waiting for anything to get exposed or stirred up.
 
Thank you everyone!!! Could that be why all of my sea cucumbers have vanished?? I don't see anymore at all. No sign of them.

Thanks for the info.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new