Can blennies go together?

Sipec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some backstory:
Me and my father both have tanks
I've been wanting to upgrade for a while, he decided his tank is too big and decided to downgrade
Now he's decided he wants out and offered me all his aquarium stuff
So basically my current stocking is a Royal Gramma, tailspot blenny, and clownfish, and what fish of his I'd be keeping is a one spot foxface and starry blenny
Could I put the two blennies together? Otherwise I'd have to get rid of one or put the tailspot in the sump
The tank is 90 gallons

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starry Blenny. They are real characters. In the QT ( a 20 gallon) mine tried to kill the pink spot goby that was unfortunately in the QT with it. Had to separate them with eggcrate. But it squirted through and continued the attack. Added 1/4" plastic mesh to the eggcrate. It tried to bite its way through the mesh. After a few days it gave up. Was really worried about putting it into my 90 with the goby. Put the goby in first for a couple of days. Then I added the SB. They completely ignored each other! And still do and its been over a year or so. Right now they are sitting about 6" away from each other. :rolleyes:
Fish are weird. But be aware those SB can be really aggressive if they want to.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My starry is a jerk...he’s a lone fish so he takes his aggression out on my clean up crew, throwing snails and hermits away from his territory. I’m moving a lightning maroon from quarantine in a few weeks so it will be interesting to see what happens between the two...

OP
OP
Sipec

Sipec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I will separate them anyways, just to play it safe, but also because I want to get some larger lps I'd be worried about having the tailspot around
Can't really think of any times I've seen ours have any spats with the other fish, I think he's actually buds with the foxface

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to get away with a starry and horned and the starry was not having it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back