Can chalice be grown out in blue led only?

Reefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just wondering if anyone does this or if it is possible can I grow out all my chalices in blue lights only?

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along for the answer ,, I am sitting up a Chalice only tank ,, still waiting on the tank to arrive ,, my Par levels were going to be in the 115 range ,, mostly blue spectrum ,, but with some white LED light in the mix ,,

Nanoreefer4ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not just blue. you need to have full spectrum for the zoos to convert to energy, usually 15k to 20k is ideas. Of course u need light spectrum device to measure that, there are tons of light schedules, setting on forum, just look for the type of light tou use especially for LED.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think @WWC does all blue. I've never been, but that's what others have told me. Maybe they'll weigh in and give more info

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I run only blues on my tank, and if I run whites, it’s only for a couple of hours at the most, then heavy blues for the rest of the day. If you go check out Jason Fox’s videos with reef builders, he only uses blue lighting, no whites or anything else. He also gives reason to using only blue lighting, in short, your corals do not need white light to survive and multiply. He said when he’s diving in the water in nature, the deeper you go, the more the water filters out the white leaving only blue so essentially corals are being grown in the wild in only blue spectrum lighting.

OP
OP
Reefpro

Reefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking tge sane thing. I don’t think white is essential but maybe @WWC can chime in

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back