Can clams clear off sand?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2015
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
6,327
Location
Pensacola, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering a clam for my lagoon. I have a Court Jester goby that is a light sand sifter. Can clams clear off sand if the goby were to drop some on it? It’s nothing crazy like a diamond goby but my plate cleans itself off daily.
 
I had a diamond goby and a clam: few sand particles the clam took care of it, it would shut and open the shell to blast the sand off. Once the goby dumped a mountain on top of it thats when i had to clean it up.
 
If theyre anything like oysters, if they ingest too much it can be fatal. It basically solidifies in their digestive system and becomes what is essential a tumor (a pearl). They can blow it off themselves and can handle it once in awhile but they shouldnt constantly be getting sand on them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new