Can hammer corals trade colors?

Brian916

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2019
Messages
77
Reaction score
64
Location
Sacramento, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small forest of branching hammers in the central portion of my tank. I have three vcolor variants: purple stalks with purple tips, purple stalks with green tips, and green stalks with purple tips. As these varieties have grown into each other, I have noticed patches of the green tips showing up in the all purple and the opposite. The green stalks with purple tips seem to be a different in shape and growth and don't seem to be mixing colors.

Can hammers share or exchange colors or am I imagining this?!?


PXL_20250822_200641285.MP.jpg




PXL_20250822_200653837.jpg
 
If they can, I’m going to have some pretty interesting hammers in the future…I have a black tip hammer, gold hammer and pink aurelia hammer all together!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new