Can I add a Anemone for my clownfish with the current fish in my tank.

ZachDemitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I have a 135 Gallon with 9 fish in it 2 being clowns and was curious if i could host an anemone for them to maybe spawn some more clowns.
I currently have 1 Rock beauty AF 1 Bi-color Dwarf AF a Coral Beauty 1 Copperband BF a Threadfin BF a Moorish Idol a Sand sifting Goby and a pair of Mocha storm clowns.
Now would any of these fish try to eat the anemone or is there something else i could house the clowns in that wont be eaten. I would probably be better off moving the clowns to their own tank but just curious if theres anything i can do for them in the main tank to hatch and then i would move the babies to like a breeder or quarantine tank so no one eats the baby clowns.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure on the rock beauty, but I doubt you'd have issues... the rest would be fine. I have had bubble tips with all of those fish (except the idol, as I have never owned one).

As far as breeding, I have never had mine breed (or at least I have never seen any babies). the only things (fish) I have seen breed in my tank are dwarf seahorses and bangaii cardinals.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine adding an anemone. Understand though, that the clowns may not show ANY interest in using it as a host (mine took about a year to notice the nem), and this also doesn't really affect whether or not a clown pair will spawn.

Also, if the clowns do spawn, raising the clownfish fry is a labor intensive endeavor. My clowns lay eggs frequently but any that survive to hatch get eaten immediately.

OP
OP
Z

ZachDemitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine adding an anemone. Understand though, that the clowns may not show ANY interest in using it as a host (mine took about a year to notice the nem), and this also doesn't really affect whether or not a clown pair will spawn.

Also, if the clowns do spawn, raising the clownfish fry is a labor intensive endeavor. My clowns lay eggs frequently but any that survive to hatch get eaten immediately.
do the clowns eat them as well as the other fish or

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 63 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back