4" sailfin tang
4" blue hippo

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8” is huge! I wouldn’t do it. Aside from the bio load, clown triggers vary a lot in their behavior - some are mild but others are real terrors.
Jay

rcillig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8” is huge! I wouldn’t do it. Aside from the bio load, clown triggers vary a lot in their behavior - some are mild but others are real terrors.
Jay

ya for sure, I've had three..... a 6-inch that was cool with all even with corals and clean-up crew... a 3inch or so that would let nothing in with him, killed everything and I got a new one that is tailless that is about 3 inches so far that is cool with everyone except my starry blenny... He chases it and is starting to become a bully but since he has no tail he swims slowly. Everyone can outrun him. So ya never know...

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To a fowlr 150 with:

3.25" picasso triggerfish
8" yellowspot angelfish
7" foxface
A pair of clowns
4" sailfin tang
4" blue hippo
If it were 2" I would add it. But 8" no. From what I have seen at store display tanks and forums I wouldn't. It would make a nice specimen fish though.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank can handle the bioload, if the other fish will allow a new fish into the school, and if your lid opening is big enough then you might be able to pull it off?

Is this from another tank or a wild caught specimen? If it was from a tank, was it traded in because it's aggressive or was it too big for the previous tank, or ?

Sometimes the biggest fishes are sweethearts, they just have big apetites. The pair of clowns or your giant angel fish might not want to have new tankmates.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back