Can I add another wrasse?

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a lunate fairy and melanurus wrasse. Would it be wise to add another wrasse? If so, which one (or ones) would you recommend? I have a 190 gallon tank, but it’s only 54” long.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wise... your guess is as good as mine. I have six wrasses in my 160-gallon display (71" length) and they all get along swimmingly: melanarus, sixline, bicolor cleaner, blue star leopard, yellow coris and lubbock's fairy. And the quoy's parrotfish (so technically 7). I have lots of sand to bury, lots of rock to hide, play and hunt and so many caves, crevices and tunnels that I've lost count. Wrasses love exploring.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a lunate fairy and melanurus wrasse. Would it be wise to add another wrasse? If so, which one (or ones) would you recommend? I have a 190 gallon tank, but it’s only 54” long.
I have 6 wrasses in my 4’x2’x2’ tank, you can have more but it’s a difficult thing to say what ones get along as each individual fish is different and personalities are based on the majority of wrasses.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add additional wrasses to the two you currently have. If you have a list of wrasses that you're interested in you can post them and we can help you choose the ones that would be compatible with your current wrasses.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back