Can I add another wrasse?

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I have an established melanarus wrasse (Halichoeres melanurus). Is there any chance to add other wrasses to the tank at this point? Hes a pretty big boy already.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have an established melanarus wrasse (Halichoeres melanurus). Is there any chance to add other wrasses to the tank at this point? Hes a pretty big boy already.
It depends on the tank size…

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know. Mine is a bully and not just to new wrasses, but new fish in general. She basically tortured a male melanurus. He eventually died. And tortured a springeri damsel fish, grabbing its tail and trying to fling it all over. Like a dog with a new toy. Haha

Corey

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t know. Mine is a bully and not just to new wrasses, but new fish in general. She basically tortured a male melanurus. He eventually died. And tortured a springeri damsel fish, grabbing its tail and trying to fling it all over. Like a dog with a new toy. Haha

Corey
dang yeah my melanurus bullied a flasher wrasse, but i didnt use an acclimation box or anything. I thought maybe if i tried to put the new fish in an acclimation box it would be okay.

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanarus can be a bit aggressive as they get larger in size. I think if you really want this be aware you're taking a chance. I have a Christmas, Green, Cleaner and Carpenter's Flasher in my system. However, the Flasher was first and the others were added several months later and small in size.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Melanarus can be a bit aggressive as they get larger in size. I think if you really want this be aware you're taking a chance. I have a Christmas, Green, Cleaner and Carpenter's Flasher in my system. However, the Flasher was first and the others were added several months later and small in size.
Yeah I want it but don’t want to knowingly put a fish in danger of just dying right away no chance. I may just cut my losses next tank I’ll know and add wrasses all at once. Or flashers/fairy first

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back