OP
OP
Ryansi

Ryansi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like others have said 3 clowns will become a problem probably fairly soon.

That being said I had a 22 gallon long and had 2 clowns, 2 cardinals, a tailspot blenny, and a watchman goby with a pistol shrimp. I actually kept my tank too clean and got dinos. Not sure why people are telling you no more than 5 fish. With the right research and upkeep it is doable.

If I was you I would consider re-homing the flame hawk as well. They could become aggressive if you ever wanted to get another bottom dwelling fish that stays smaller.

Overall, I would slow things down here, drop 1 clown from the tank and let things settle in for a while. Then you could look at what else you might want to add. You also need to start testing nitrate and phosphate with a reliable tester so you know what your tank will handle.
OKay i was about to buy hanna but it is so expensive.

OP
OP
Ryansi

Ryansi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my flame died. I woke up in the morning and checked the tank. my flame hawk was dead. Im pretty sure the clowns attacked it. put the one for rehoming.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 49 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back