Can I be the bad guy?

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got one that'll bug you like crazy:

I used to work as an animal control officer. Most of the 3 years I worked there, I picked up feral cats on a regular basis. But when I wrote them down on an intake card I wrote "Ferrell Cat"

One day a co worker asked me why I was taking all of Will Ferrell's cats... Doh!

And this was after I'd done it hundreds of times. I guess I was loosing the grammer battle...

Bapeluso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got one that'll bug you like crazy:

I used to work as an animal control officer. Most of the 3 years I worked there, I picked up feral cats on a regular basis. But when I wrote them down on an intake card I wrote "Ferrell Cat"

One day a co worker asked me why I was taking all of Will Ferrell's cats... Doh!

And this was after I'd done it hundreds of times. I guess I was loosing the grammer battle...
images.jpeg.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hey scott #122 might help bring you back" home"

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tbh to effectively communicate with someone you only need to get close to what you mean.
The human brain corrects most misspellings in writing. Where the human brain tends to have the most issues understanding is the spoken word. This is especially true of areas without many non native speakers.

Example you can spell gardyloo as
Grdylu and your brain still can say it. But speak it as gardylow and the human brain takes a trip to neverland and returns with ice cream.
Gardyloo btw is what you shout as a warning to a possible passerby below as you dump your slop bucket out the window.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be a grammar you-know-what. But it seems that people say loosing instead of losing anymore. Am I losing my mind? Sorry. I know people will hate me but, it’s losing, not loosing.

My acro is losing its color NOT my acro is loosing its color.

Again, please hate on me.... Bring it.

First I fine it funny someone with no credibility behind his own name would come hear an pointe out others flaws.

Personally I don’t put much thought into grandma. At work we enter notes in a shorthand form. Proper grandma, punctuation and sentence structure are loost as long as the message is delivered. After 20 years stoped worrying about that stuff.

So, between that and some cognitive issues from Head injuries I’m lucky I’m not drooling on my keyboard Besides in thefuture no one will write anyway. It will all be done telepathically.

1582861890511.png

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I fine it funny someone with no credibility behind his own name would come hear an pointe out others flaws.

Personally I don’t put much thought into grandma. At work we enter notes in a shorthand form. Proper grandma, punctuation and sentence structure are loost as long as the message is delivered. After 20 years stoped worrying about that stuff.

So, between that and some cognitive issues from Head injuries I’m lucky I’m not drooling on my keyboard Besides in thefuture no one will write anyway. It will all be done telepathically.

1582861890511.png
....says the guy who asked me to be his mentor. Don’t worry other Scott, you’ll make it through your battle with your ABCs eventually.
33976026-F10E-4E94-AC5F-DD9079450F73.jpeg

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about they're, there and their.... drives me nuts. Makes me loose my mind.
This one for me as well. In fact, I think I pronounce they’re differently than there and their. Something to do with intonation I guess.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe R2R should have an event day. Sort of like the movie The Purge.
Let everyone cut LOOSE and completely LOSE it on others for no other reason than aggravating their pet peeves.
The tang police would finally be able to get revenge.

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, I have horrible grammar and spelling skills and a lot of what I see bugs me. I figure a lot of it is because people don't reread what they type and auto correct. I can't tell you how many texts I get from my wife that I have no clue what she is trying to say. It is always because of auto correct and she doesn't read her message before hitting send.

usually when a woman is upset there is no time to go back, hahaha! But if it's a love note, we will read it 100x over

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
usually when a woman is upset there is no time to go back, hahaha! But if it's a love note, we will read it 100x over
Funny story, my wife is Chinese and her English isn’t bad but not perfect when she speaks. However, her texts and emails are flawless. I used to scratch my head sometimes.

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny story, my wife is Chinese and her English isn’t bad but not perfect when she speaks. However, her texts and emails are flawless. I used to scratch my head sometimes.

Hahaha!!! Okay, so... this may sound judgement-worthy but I hope not...

So, I fell in love with my ex-girlfriend over texting-- she was so eloquent, clever, charming, funny, well written and just seemed so unique. I finally met her and she spoke like a street thug in person!! It was the most bizarre thing!! my mind had a very hard time connecting the two OR disconnecting the two and we carried on a strange relationship for 6 months because of this... Words, werds, wurds...

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yo bro chechk out whaT i did today 1/2 you fauLt ,on my build .........LOL

followed this all day .

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back