Can I be the bad guy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
great thread!
 
Not to be a grammar you-know-what. But it seems that people say loosing instead of losing anymore. Am I losing my mind? Sorry. I know people will hate me but, it’s losing, not loosing.

My acro is losing its color NOT my acro is loosing its color.

Again, please hate on me.... Bring it.

Is there a "Bad Guy" badge?
:cool:
 
Our son is 17. Whenever he sends me a text I have to translate what he‘s said into something that makes sense. He uses the wrong words, abbreviations only known to himself or butchers words so badly that I have to ask him what on earth he‘s trying to say.
 
Our son is 17. Whenever he sends me a text I have to translate what he‘s said into something that makes sense. He uses the wrong words, abbreviations only known to himself or butchers words so badly that I have to ask him what on earth he‘s trying to say.
You’re in the UK? I always imagined Britains had the bestest of Englandish
 
Our son is 17. Whenever he sends me a text I have to translate what he‘s said into something that makes sense. He uses the wrong words, abbreviations only known to himself or butchers words so badly that I have to ask him what on earth he‘s trying to say.

I work with a guy from Barnsley, he texts the same as he speaks. I need to put on the accent and read it out loud to understand a text message
 
You’re in the UK? I always imagined Britains had the bestest of Englandish

I struggle to understand some things he says these days never mind read what he writes. He left school with a pass in his English exam! He just says we’re old and that’s how everyone his age speaks and types.
 
Not to be a grammar you-know-what. But it seems that people say loosing instead of losing anymore. Am I losing my mind? Sorry. I know people will hate me but, it’s losing, not loosing.

My acro is losing its color NOT my acro is loosing its color.

Again, please hate on me.... Bring it.
Same issue with there their or they're!
 
I knew a guy that posted on FB, "Time to loose some brain cells!" Referring to a big upcoming party. I laughed at how clever it was until he didnt get what I was talking about. I said you said "loose" and not "lose" inferring about your lost brain cells that you apparently already lost :)
 
bad.jpg
 
I work with a guy from Barnsley, he texts the same as he speaks. I need to put on the accent and read it out loud to understand a text message

We live in the west midlands and there‘s some strong accents around here. It doesn’t happen often but sometimes I haven‘t a clue what has just been said to me. When you’ve asked someone to repeat themselves twice you cant really ask a third time can you?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new