Can I change just reagent B for Trident?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefpro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefpro

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2013
Messages
664
Reaction score
157
Location
Vancouver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I change just reagent B? Somehow it’s empty and c is not and a is full? If so how do I perform this task. Thanks in advance
 
Can I change just reagent B? Somehow it’s empty and c is not and a is full? If so how do I perform this task. Thanks in advance

No. First (after ~1 month) you change out reagent A, and then a month later you change out all of them. There will be extra A, that is to be disposed of. Two days after changing them all you calibrate.

See instructions:

https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/trident/reagent/
 
You absolutely can. Go to your Trident and the option is there. I will take a pic and post from my phone
 
select your trident and under reset you get options like the below.
 

Attachments

  • CC1E66C5-AF17-4C5C-9A5E-7EB533D6E94A.png
    CC1E66C5-AF17-4C5C-9A5E-7EB533D6E94A.png
    287.8 KB · Views: 104
You absolutely can. Go to your Trident and the option is there. I will take a pic and post from my phone

Although you “can” technically reset reagent B levels and replace it, it is somewhat pointless because the results are not accurate until you calibrate. Each pack of reagent comes with one bottle of calibration solution that needs to be used at once- so if you calibrate after swapping just B, your next A and C will not be accurate.
 
Although you “can” technically reset reagent B levels and replace it, it is somewhat pointless because the results are not accurate until you calibrate. Each pack of reagent comes with one bottle of calibration solution that needs to be used at once- so if you calibrate after swapping just B, your next A and C will not be accurate.
Lots of ways to calibrate. I would personally use tank water in that scenario with my latest results and wait the few days until the C is ready to be replaced, then recalibrate.
 
Hard to see much benefit to replacing B (or C) independently of C (or B). They'll just get more and more out of synch, and since you cannot buy either B or C individually, eventually you'll be throwing out reagent.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new