Can I convert this

snr1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
87340983-B5F5-45F9-B29F-08A5D5C06422.jpeg

Can i convert this to marine. No room underneath unless it was a mini mini sump. I know external filters aren’t ideal. Just looking for thoughts. It’s a Fluval Shaker 168l. Cheers

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can i convert this to marine. No room underneath unless it was a mini mini sump. I know external filters aren’t ideal. Just looking for thoughts. It’s a Fluval Shaker 168l. Cheers
Not sure on the conversion. Unique deep tank, at least you've got the two holes....
More my purpose is to hijack. Nice looking Newf! New Landseer pup here over the last 3 weeks. Had Newfs over the last 16 years. 3 of them rescues.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sure, you don't need a sump or a canister for that matter on that size tank. Personally I'd suggest a mini sump setup just to store your heater or the few filter media you would need, but otherwise you could even get away with live rock in the display, and circulators and a heater in there. I mean a circulator or two in the display could be a good idea regardless, mostly just where to put the heater. And mechanical filtration media if you feel like having some. So yeah, mini sump absolutely works.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, you don't need a sump or a canister for that matter on that size tank. Personally I'd suggest a mini sump setup just to store your heater or the few filter media you would need, but otherwise you could even get away with live rock in the display, and circulators and a heater in there. I mean a circulator or two in the display could be a good idea regardless, mostly just where to put the heater. And mechanical filtration media if you feel like having some. So yeah, mini sump absolutely works.
I like this idea. Just to store the heating equipment, and provide flow, oxygenation. Small filter...sure.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back