Can I do this with Trident line

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am about to install my trident and was curious if I can make this work. Was going to put my test line in the middle (Refugium area) since this is before my dosing lines. Figured if I put a piece of pvc then put the tester line in the Pvc this way it does not suck up any Chaeto. Would this work or will I get skewed readings ? The pvc is angled cut at bottom to allow water in. Was also going to drill holes so water does not get stagnant

image.jpg

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like a good idea to me. I used a rubber grommet with a 8” piece of rodi tubing and fed the trident line into the rodi tubing so the output is just hanging out of the end. The i popped the grommet into a hole in the top of the sump. It holds my line exactly where i want it....

OP
OP
Yates273

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far it seems to be working. Trident numbers are a little lower than Hanna #’s but it’s only been day and a half since it’s been running. Still need to calibrate trident

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trident has been rock solid for me. I stopped using my other tests kits. Calibration usually brings the numbers more in line...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back