Can i feed a captured bristleworm to my six line?

Castaway6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big worm- little fish

Long story short I finally caught a bristleworm that was living in my pico reef. Its BIG about 2-3 inches maybe and fat. I have a frag tank with a six line in it, still pretty small. I know people use wrasse as a pest control for these guys. But I'm wondering if a six line is a bristle eater, and if so is it too large for it or would the wrasse chop him up/should I.
I'll happily just throw the thing away but I dont want to keep it and figured it might be a nice treat.

I will also record if anyone wishes to see lol

Thanks

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely record it for scientific purposes! As a dubiously proud 6 line owner, I can tell you one thing for sure: he ain’t scared!

has a small mouth that doesn’t open very wide though, not sure about the logistics of 6 line vs fat 3” worm. But my tank is almost entirely pest free, I’ll see the tiniest possible asterinas every once in a while, but they never get to grow up.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just toss it if you don't want it. Good chance the wrasse doesn't find it or bites it up into pieces and some parts live and turn into more worms.

FWIW, there's probably more of those worms you haven't even seen yet in your main tank;)

OP
OP
Castaway6

Castaway6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. He wouldn't have trouble finding it as it's a barebottom and he patrols constantly, but some of the frozen mysis seem too large for the wrasse so I'll just toss it.
I do have some in the main tank however this guy came with a gsp rock I purchased from a friend. None of mine are NEARLY this large I've been watching this guy for months haha.
Now is that a fact, that it will split into more worms?? What?! I didnt think these worms could get any creepier..the more I (wish I didnt) know

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back