Can i get a six line wrasse?

LeleganceCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25 gallon tank with a pair of smaller clownfish, and a royal gramma. Would it be okay to add a smaller six line wrasse and let it grow with the clowns? Heres my tank, let me know if its suitable! Thanks!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably would be ok at least short term, I’d be worried about aggression with the gramma. Also, all 4 of those fish fully grown you’ll be fully stocked with a tank that size so I’d cut it off with stocking fish after that. My 2 cents.

PharmrJohn

Picking Up My Trumpet Again After 35 Years!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably would be ok at least short term, I’d be worried about aggression with the gramma. Also, all 4 of those fish fully grown you’ll be fully stocked with a tank that size so I’d cut it off with stocking fish after that. My 2 cents.
Yep +1. Doing the full grown fish size math you're looking at 3 to 4 inches each with the clowns, 2 to 3 inches with the gramma and about 4 inches with the wrasse. That's between 12 and 15 inches of fish in a 25g. The old rule was 1 inch of fish to 3 gallons water. That would limit you to 8 inches of fish total. I see a new rule of 0.5 inches per gallon, which has got to be secondary to new and improved filtration options. And in the end, every tank is different and should be considered on a case by case basis. Part of that is aggression. As stated above, the gramma may be an issue. The clowns may be an issue as well. Me? I would look to get something else, as wrasses can have attitude. In any case I'd not go over 10 inches at the maximum in a 25G.

Back