Can I get some opinions please.

oscaaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys question can I get some opinions on my first aquascape. I have a small feeling that I may have gone a tad high in the back. The tank is Innovative Marine 25 Lagoon

IMG_2999.jpeg IMG_2998.jpeg IMG_2997.jpeg IMG_2999.jpeg IMG_2996.jpeg

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the shape but yes a but too high IMHO as corals in tip won't have vertical growing space.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it is a Lagoon... Just be aware of what you are putting up there. It also depends on what type of tank you are going to be keeping. Also just be aware, when you do water changes that area will probably be exposed. Some corals are ok with that, some are more sensitive. The jets I would replace with a RFG's from @Vivid Creative Aquatics, They will be more effective than the ones you have. Just two, you will be running other powerheads anyway.

crazereef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a tad bit high, no room for growth if planning sps. You can always cut bottom edges down using a diamond blade and circular saw. Still looks good though.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the look, plenty of flow though to prevent detritus build up. Totally depends on what type of corals you’re planning. If you are going to keep those returns I would point them up for water agitation so they aren’t blasting the top corals.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dig it. Consider a small island in the middle.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. As others pointed out its a bit high. The only other thing I see is clearance to clean the glass. Imo you need enough room all the way around the rock work to comfortably get your hand between the glass and the rock for maintenance.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it - but as other have said, maybe a bot too high in the center. A good rule of thumb if you want to leave room for coral growth , is to go no higher than about half way up or just a little more.

It almost look like you could just take what you have and flip it on its side. With the currant base against the back glass, and the arch flat one sand bed protruding forward .

Then you could add a few small shelf pieces to raise up the form the the arch just a bit to keep the rock just at the sand level. this will create sand spaced below that a pistol shrimp could burro rounder and under.

This would transform this current rock work into two separate low towers or island on each side and a ring of small rock that coral could be mounted to. As it grows in this will create a natural habitat for the Fish

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to keep tangs, angelfish and others that need to hide, then they will struggle in that tank. Not everybody wants them and the tank is not all that large, so maybe this is not an issue. Captive bred fish and some smaller does not mind this type of rock scape as much as other fish.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back