Can I have a leopard wrasse?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shale
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shale

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
3
Location
Seoul, south korea
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55g that is INFECTED with copepods and other creepy crawlers. Would it sustain a leopard wrasse? Would it also eat frozen pac pods?
 
I have a 55g that is INFECTED with copepods and other creepy crawlers. Would it sustain a leopard wrasse? Would it also eat frozen pac pods?
A six line wrasse would be perfect for that tank!
 
A leopard would be great. It will also eat frozen and anything else you throw in your tank. Mine eats mysis, ROE, TDO pellets, pods in the tank, ReefNutrition PacPods, and hatched baby brine shrimp:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8hokXcLWbtutwiBu8
They don't ship well. If you can get a healthy one in your tank they will be excellent fish with great character.
 
My experience has been that if they have enough pods to get settled in, they do fine. Eventually they usually start taking frozen, and once that happens they are actually pretty bulletproof. It’s really the shipping and initial settling in that gets them their hard to keep reputation.
 
A leopard would be great. It will also eat frozen and anything else you throw in your tank. Mine eats mysis, ROE, TDO pellets, pods in the tank, ReefNutrition PacPods, and hatched baby brine shrimp:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8hokXcLWbtutwiBu8
They don't ship well. If you can get a healthy one in your tank they will be excellent fish with great character.
Do you think pellet size matters?

Mine eats spirulina brine.
I've tried TDO extra small but it doesn't even look at the pellets.

Is there a better frozen food i should be feeding? I also have two chromis, two clowns and a pygmy angel. They all eat the TDO.

TIA,
Ben
 
Do you think pellet size matters?

Mine eats spirulina brine.
I've tried TDO extra small but it doesn't even look at the pellets.

Is there a better frozen food i should be feeding? I also have two chromis, two clowns and a pygmy angel. They all eat the TDO.

TIA,
Ben
Mine eats small and medium TDO. But she would eat extra small, no problem. Looks like yours just hasn't taken up TDO pellets yet. Mine really likes Hikari frozen mysis.
 
Mine loves flakes too along with frozen. They are more timid than other fish though
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new