Can I keep pearly jawfish and orange diamond gobies in the same tank?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
155 gallon tank with 4-5 pearly jawfish and a couple of diamond gobies - will this work?
No - the gobies and jawfish will compete for food. The diamonds will also likely starve with so many competing for their food source.

Tanglover1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
155 gallon tank with 4-5 pearly jawfish and a couple of diamond gobies - will this work?
Some aggression will be there,mainly coz of food. If u feed well, will be fine. Also provide plenty of hiding place. Your are having jawfish in large no. So feeding will be difficult

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes as long as there is more than one place for them to live. They won't compete for food anymore than the rest of the fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My diamonds in the past sifted sand but also ate food that I added everyday. My question was related to temperaments.
Foods we feed to our fish aren’t enough nutrients still IMHO. The Sandsifters alone will decimate young sandbeds but when they’re competing with 4-5 jawfish, your sandbed will run out of life and will starve the sandsifter.
Watchmen gobies and jawfish are not sand sifters.
I’m aware Cryptocentrus species (True Watchman’s) aren’t sandsifters however Diamond Watchman’s (NOT true watchman gobies) which are what the OP is wanting are of the Valenciennea genus.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back