Can I mix DI resin?

SaltedReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2014
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Location
Fort Myers Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a new bag of DI resin and it's time for a refill. The new stuff is color changing and the old stuff is not. Can I use what's left of the old stuff and them too off with the new resin?
 
How old is the older resin and was it stored properly to maintain freshness?
If it is 6 months or older or was not sealed up, preferrably in zip loc bags with a little RO/DI to keep it damp and stored in the refrigerator or better yet sealed with a seal a meal vacuum device then I might consider tossing it and using only the fresh resin. Make sure you reseal the bag once opened and store it in the frig to keep it fresh. Back when I was using bulk resin I would divy it up in 20 oz portions and vacuum seal them separately so they stayed fresher.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new