Can I move my torch

Sophie"s mom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Messages
3,601
Reaction score
4,533
Location
Va.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning to everyone! So I am thinking about moving my torch, but have read somewhere that they don’t do well once moved. Does anyone here have any insight on this?
 
It’ll be fine, but be mindful of where you’re moving it. I would avoid any quick/drastic changes. Are you moving it from the surface to the sand bed of a 3 foot deep tank (ie drastic change in how much PAR it’s getting) or are you moving it from an area of very high flow to no flow.
 
It’ll be fine, but be mindful of where you’re moving it. I would avoid any quick/drastic changes. Are you moving it from the surface to the sand bed of a 3 foot deep tank (ie drastic change in how much PAR it’s getting) or are you moving it from an area of very high flow to no flow.
I am going to try to keep it is same general area, but right now it is kind of laying in a nook in some rock work, and I want to try and get it standing upright. One possibility is the sand bed, which is about 6 inches lower than its current location. The tank has low/ medium flow there, and it is 24 inches deep overall
 
I move mine regularly. I’ve moved them from shelves to rock. From far left to center tank. Sand bed to mid level. I dunno, never had an issue but torch’s really like my tank. My torch shelf was crowded and I just moved them to different plug holes to give them some space and took a purple one off the shelf and moved it down to the sandbed on a frag stand. I don’t hesitate to move them but I keep them in medium non direct flow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new