can I put an ORA fridmani with neon goby's

abirozy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I am relatively new to the hobby and have a 28 gallon jbj nano LED with about 30 lbs live rock and 30 lbs live sand. My rock is stacked up kind of pyramid style with two big caves on the bottom level and a very big open cave style at the top. I currently have two clowns and two neon goby's but want to add an ORA fridmani.

QUESTION:

1) Will the fridmani chase the goby's? I am not worried about the clowns as I know they can handle themselves, but the goby's are always out now and I do not want them to go into perm. hiding. They have been in the tank about 2 - 3 weeks.
securedownload.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not add the Orchid Dottyback simply because they really like to stake out a territory and any intruders will not be welcome, in a larger tank with adequate room to flee that would be different. You're tank is peaceful now, Orchid Dottybacks are supposedly less aggressive then the Purple or Bi-color but I have not found that to be so in small tanks.
As an alternative you might consider one of the Firefish or a Royal Gramma.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back