can I put an orangespot blenny and tail spot blenny in same 65 gallon?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo not a good idea.
My orange spot is in a 40B (same footprint) and definitely wouldn’t like any other blennies around. It is aggressive with a pink spot watchman goby and can be nippy with other fish as well. Another blenny is asking for trouble.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo not a good idea.
My orange spot is in a 40B (same footprint) and definitely wouldn’t like any other blennies around. It is aggressive with a pink spot watchman goby and can be nippy with other fish as well. Another blenny is asking for trouble.
Thanks for that!. THough in the Orange spot's defense, lol, the watchman looks a lot like an orange spot, the two spot has more of a variation. hmmm

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that!. THough in the Orange spot's defense, lol, the watchman looks a lot like an orange spot, the two spot has more of a variation. hmmm
That is true and the main reason the orange spot hates the goby - but they also tend to do bad with anything that looks/acts like them (body shape/behavior). I had tried qt’ing an orange spot (not this one) with a fang blenny and the orange spot would beat up on the fang blenny.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is true and the main reason the orange spot hates the goby - but they also tend to do bad with anything that looks/acts like them (body shape/behavior). I had tried qt’ing an orange spot (not this one) with a fang blenny and the orange spot would beat up on the fang blenny.
hmmm , maybe it's a indivual fish issue :-D . I think i'm going to risk it, esp since both fish are going to be about 1 1/2-2" long, so maybe if they grow up together they'll be buddies . I really like blennies and gobies, esp since my tank is full enough of water column fish.
What about a barnacle blenny with orange spot. I'm guessing same risk.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm , maybe it's a indivual fish issue :-D . I think i'm going to risk it, esp since both fish are going to be about 1 1/2-2" long, so maybe if they grow up together they'll be buddies . I really like blennies and gobies, esp since my tank is full enough of water column fish.
What about a barnacle blenny with orange spot. I'm guessing same risk.
Same risk, they aren’t a fish that likes buddies. They are very territorial.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 63 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back