can lawnmower blenny and tail spot blenny be kept together

WalleyeGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
simple, but maybe not, question: can lawnmower blenny and tail spot blenny be kept together? I currently have a tank that has a tail spot blenny, 2 chalk bass, a pair of clowns named ***** & giggles, 2 fire shrimp called Fred and Wilma, and various blue/red legged hermits and some snails that line in the sand, and crawl on the glass. It is a 57gal Fugi Cube shallow reef tank and I have a few patches of algae popping up that I though might be controlled and make a lawnmower blenny's day. I don't know if they will be ok together - any thoughts?

20230925_133838.jpg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^this^^
EDIT I agree with above but also I've had my lawnmower blenny over a year and have never once seen him touch algae. The previous one I had didn't eat algae either. I'd probably have better luck if I fed less but I like fat fish. Mine pecks at the rocks a lot but I think it is eating pods.

Last edited:

Linflas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both in my 110 and they don't seem to pay any attention to each other.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tail spot likes to wind other fish up, he hardly ever eats algae, so for those reasons I wouldn’t…you would be far better with an urchin or some Astra snails.

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently introduced a Sailfin Blenny. They get along but I think because the tailspot stays in it's hole in the rock. However, no aggression that I've seen when it comes out to eat, so far. The sailfin was very aggressive toward my watchmen for some reason . I had to make a home for the goby in the refugium.

Oh and like others have said... It barely touches algae :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back