Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I’m having a bit of an issue with bleaching sps in my tank, so I want to rent a PAR meter and adjust my lights. I’m a high school student, so I don’t really have $500 to throw down on a deposit on BRS.
I have lots of seller feed back on here and have a good reputation. Is there anyone who would be kind enough to rent me their PAR meter for about 2 days? I will pay rent fee and shipping both ways.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LukeWolf , you might wish to consider what I call the poor man's PAR meter.......a LUX meter! You can purchase these for around 15 bucks. HERE is the one I purchased. For LEDs, you want a peak LUX of around 20 - 25 thousand LUX at the surface. Search @saltyfilmfolks ...he is the expert on this and has a number of posts talking about this.

If you're still interested in a PAR meter, check your local LFS's. We have one here in NJ that I believe rents for $25.

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
There was a guy renting out his par meter just a day or 2 ago in one of these forums.....

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LukeWolf , you might wish to consider what I call the poor man's PAR meter.......a LUX meter! You can purchase these for around 15 bucks. HERE is the one I purchased. For LEDs, you want a peak LUX of around 20 - 25 thousand LUX at the surface. Search @saltyfilmfolks ...he is the expert on this and has a number of posts talking about this.

If you're still interested in a PAR meter, check your local LFS's. We have one here in NJ that I believe rents for $25.

Thank you! I’ll look at it!

I’ll ask my fish store, but they are terrible. They won’t even hold a fish for me. Probably wouldn’t rent me a par meter. Lol

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Was it in the selling forums? Because I can’t view those because I’m under 18
Lol yeah I think you have to be 18+, leagal reasons, can always ask mom or dad to do it?

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yeah I think you have to be 18+, leagal reasons, can always ask mom or dad to do it?

Well they don’t have a r2r account. I buy stuff on here all the time, but the mods just recently found I was underage. I didn’t know that there was an age restriction on the market place. Lol. I’ll be 18 this month though.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can rent them from bulk reef supply.

edit: Sorry I didn’t see they needed $450 deposit

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can rent them from bulk reef supply.

edit: Sorry I didn’t see they needed $450 deposit

No problem. I might just have to bite the bullet and do it.

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you still need one I will loan you my Seneye so you can check your par.

Ahh thank you so much! That is very generous of you to offer, however I ended up renting the one from Bulk Reef Supply. Thank you so much though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back