Can I use Polyp Lab One and Tropic Marin Pro Coral Mineral together

DSFa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I might be getting a single head doser just because I don't want to go with a Jebao one as I've had one in the past that malfunctioned after a short while (around half a year) and don't want to spend top dollar on a high quality doser as my system is only 45Gal.

I am unable to get Tropic Marin One for all dosing liquid as I live in Australia and nobody is selling it. I can get my hands on Polyp Lab One and Tropic Marin Pro Coral Mineral, seeing as the polyp lab one does not have any trace elements in it could I use the pro mineral and mix it into the lab one then use a single head doser?

Also I read somewhere it was not recommended to dose the 3 main elements together Mg/Alk/Ca but I'm guessing it should be okay since it's been designed to be used this way?

Thank you in advance!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening @DSFa

I cannot advise you on combining the TM and Polyp Lab. I have not used them

You do not want to dose your CA, KH, and MG together due to chemical interference. I have my Dosers set to dose a small amount in high flow areas in 10 minute intervals between product. This way one chemical is mixed and gone before the next is dosed. If you mix 2 together they interact and precipitate or have other reactions.

Maybe someone else will know. You can mix a small amount together and see how it reacts, but that is still not a definite indicator it would be fine

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back