Can mini starfish eat LPS like acans? Pic inside

  • Thread starter Thread starter grisha
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

grisha

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
605
Reaction score
133
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a common knowledge SOME mini starfish will feast on dying LPS flesh or Am I just paranoid. I thought they eating dead rot and leave healthy coral alone, true?

BAF60799-FEDB-44F3-A3BE-9250DB07AADE.jpeg
 
Wow, I’ve been watching 2-3 hanging in my tank for ever. Daaammm
 
This guys are safu 100% I know.
 

Attachments

  • EF620B8D-611F-45CB-9B83-C34A640CC591.jpeg
    EF620B8D-611F-45CB-9B83-C34A640CC591.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 73
Wow, I’ve been watching 2-3 hanging in my tank for ever. Daaammm
I used to have the white ones and I never saw them bother coral. Lately I’ve been seeing more and more threads of these black ones on coral and just recently, I saw pictures of beautiful acros with white patches underneath these asterinas
 
I used to have the white ones and I never saw them bother coral. Lately I’ve been seeing more and more threads of these black ones on coral and just recently, I saw pictures of beautiful acros with white patches underneath these asterinas
Speechless. They been eating thousands.
Someone needs to spread the awareness. Where is the government?
 
Can they be part of the cleaning crew?
I have never seen them attack healthy coral
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new