Can my clam go here?

reggaedrummin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2014
Messages
273
Reaction score
3
Location
San Francisco
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rather large monti cap and a blue maxima and I'm running out of real estate in my reef...so I'm thinking clam+ monti= awesome! Right? I've seen others mount corals and things to their monti's. I'm curious if I could plop my maxima right in the center of my cap? Will the coral sting/kill the clam? If so, could I use epoxy or some other medium to protect the clam and make this work?
 
Yep, I've done it. No glue needed...

320720_301618649852437_441769076_n.jpg
 
The mantle of my clam has stopped an encrusting monti in its tracks. The clam is fine but mr. Monti is growing in other directions.

Sweet pic skinz
 
Well... I tried it and clam is unhappy so I moved him back to his spot for now. I may give it another go down the road but he wouldn't stay put on the cap
 
I wanna try that! I just need a clam...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new