Can my xenia recover

  • Thread starter Thread starter hanktank
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hanktank

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2015
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started my tank in December. I'm new to the hobby and don't have everything figured out but so far so good with the tank YouTube has been my friend in learning about the hobby. To make a long story short I have to manually turn my lights on and off I haven't set up my timer yet. So I rushed out the house this am because I was late for work and forgot to turn on the lights and when I finally got home my xenia was extremely droopy it responds to touch but it's not pulsing as much as usual it's kinda just blowing in the current. Will they pull through or is there a supplement I can use to revive them it's my favorite coral that I have and I don't wanna lose it because it's grown so much in such a shirt time
 
He it is
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1422575478049.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422575478049.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 268
It should pull through with no problems.
Most corals can go a couple of days without light if the parameters are suitable. Plus Xenia are tough!
I would try to get the timer set up though, it will be a lot better for you and the tank :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new