Can not get Apex ATO to work properly

Paul Thomas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new Apex that is programed and controlled through fusion. I have the Apex ATK set up and used the tasks wizard to set it up. I have the two optical switches set up and they show open and closed correctly. I have two FMM modules but have confirmed that the ATO is programmed to the correct (FMM2) one. I have the FMM2 plugged into power and programmed to be ON Always which it is. When I put the ATO in the "AUTO" position and the switches change state to "CLOSED" it does not switch to "ON". It just stays in the "AUTO" status no matter what? If I manually switch it to "ON" the ATO runs until I manually switch it to "OFF" or "AUTO". This is how the ATO is programmed:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATOLow OPEN Then ON
If ATOHi CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

I have run out of ideas on what to do here. Anyone got any ideas or have the same issue?

OP
OP
Paul Thomas

Paul Thomas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 7.15.40 AM.png

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out this video....makes it sound like the programming is done automatically in the setup.

Also note programming at about the 8 minute mark.

OP
OP
Paul Thomas

Paul Thomas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have already watched this one and many others. I used the automatic set up wizard under the tasks tab to set it up in the first place?

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dashboard shows both low and hi as closed. They should be opposite to each other so there is a problem in the way they are placed. Both should be facing same direction one dipped in water and one not.

OP
OP
Paul Thomas

Paul Thomas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they both show closed because I manually turned on and off the ATO and didn't turn it off until the ATOHi was closed.

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you switch it to Auto, leave it alone and either exit the web page or close the browser and then open it back up. the website will refresh with it in the auto setting and show it either on or off by the programming. You can stay on the webpage and it will eventually refresh but the quicker way is to exit and then log back in for the updated status to show.

You can then do a few tests with the sensors to make sure the programming as you have it works.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back